There are so many challenging things about being a sports parent. One of those things is coming up with quick and healthy snacks for before and after practices or games. We have all been there…running from work and hustling to get our kids packed and out the door and we forget about having enough snacks to get our athletes fully fueled. The solution often ends up being to get hot dogs or burgers at the concession stand, or to frantically make a fast-food stop because your son or daughter is hungry and complaining in the back seat.
Sometimes it is hard to think of the right snacks when you are in a hurry. That is why we are here to give you a list of the most popular and highly recommended foods brought to you by health-minded sports parents to satisfy your youth athletes while also fueling them to be at their best at practice or on game day!
Snack Ideas Pre-Practice or Game:
- Whole grain pretzels with peanut butter
- Half of a wheat bagel with peanut butter
- Fresh fruit (Strawberries, oranges, apples blueberries and grapes!)
- Raisins with peanuts
- Carrots, celery, a pita and hummus
- Banana with peanut butter or almond butter
- Pretzel with a laughing cow or babybell cheese
Snack Ideas Post-Practice or Game
- Applesauce and string cheese
- Real Fruit Smoothies
- Real Fruit Popsicles
- Trail Mix
- Apple slices with peanut butter
- Half a peanut butter sandwich on a bagel
- Lunch meat roll ups (pick your athletes favorite lunch meat and roll it up with a slice of cheese for the perfect protein punch!)
For more snack ideas, quick and healthy dinner tips and other helpful adivce for your fast moving sports life, follow our Facebook page and stay up to date on all youth sports tips and tricks!