Introducing TeamSHOUT, a new easyAlert feature that allows text messages to be sent from a mobile phone directly, without login or access to a mobile web browser. Yup, another great tool from SportsSignup!
Here’s how it works:
Coach Bruno, a coach for the Strikers (a SportsSignup customer), needs to cancel practice at the last minute because of poor field conditions. He needs to send a quick message to the team.
Using text messaging (in this case on an iPhone), coach sends a text message to MYTEAM (692986) with the following content:
The message was preceded with the word “Shout”, which will indicate that this message is intended for Coach Bruno’s team. Within a few seconds, the message is sent to the entire team and a confirmation is sent back to Coach Bruno:
The message is sent as a standard easyAlert message, which means EVERYONE on the team, including other Team Helpers (coaches, managers, parent volunteers, etc) will receive an email with the notice, and a Text Message if their phone(s) is/are opted-in.
Requirements for Using TeamSHOUT:
1. The organization must be a SportsSignup customer.
2. The “Sender” must opt-in their mobile phone to send messages by text.
3. The Sender must be a Team Helper, not just any parent.
4. The Sender must be connected to a team within the SportsSignup registration system. The communication mode must be set to “Whole Team Access.”
5. The word “shout” must precede any Text Message to the team.
6. All messages sent using this method should be less than 140 characters. Most phones have the ability to display the character count while creating text messages to make it easy. All TeamSHOUT text messages to your sports organization members will originate from the “short code” 698326 (MYTEAM).
TeamSHOUT part of easyAlert is a communication tool allowing sports administrators, volunteers and coaches to easily select and send users a quick alert to be received through text messaging and email. There are no send limits, so fire away! The easyAlert feature is completely FREE to SportsSignup customers.