Head Of Baseball
Time Inc. is one of the largest branded media companies in the world. The company reaches more than 130 million people globally each month across multiple platforms, with influential brands like Time, People, Sports Illustrated, InStyle, Real Simple, Travel + Leisure and Food & Wine. Time Inc. is home to celebrated events and franchises including the Fortune 500, Time 100, People’s Most Beautiful, Sports Illustrated’s Sportsman of the Year, Essence Festival in New Orleans and the Food & Wine Classic in Aspen. Sports Illustrated Play (SI Play) is a Sports Technology company that has a simple yet ambitious goal: to serve the vast market of amateur and youth sports leveraging innovative technology and the Sports Illustrated Brand. This is where every major athlete starts their career, and two out of three players say it’s the most important thing they do. SI Play is a rapidly growing Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) provider of online registration, web CMS, eCommerce, and coach and volunteer background checking solutions for more than 12,000 sports organizations throughout the United States and Canada. Our sales and service operations are headquartered in Saratoga Springs, NY. Building on more than 60 years as one of the most distinguished names in sports, SI Play provides powerful, simple tools, and technology to help hundreds of thousands of teams operate and simplify your sports life. As a stand-alone subsidiary of Time Inc., one of the country’s largest and most iconic media companies, SI Play is a rare blend of being a fast-paced, entrepreneurial venture with the support and reach of its affiliation with a major company.
HEAD OF YOUTH BASEBALL ROLE
Leads and owns the opportunity, strategy, success, and revenue target for the baseball youth sports industry for SI Play. Responsibilities include:
- Win, strengthen, and expand relationships with top youth sports leagues, National Governing bodies, key influencers and decision makers
- Work closely with sales and marketing to help support and sell top baseball opportunities
- Prospecting and winning new National Governing bodies and identifying strategies to secure revenue opportunities with national and regional governing bodies
- Achieve sales, market share, and provide product requirements to help win opportunities in youth baseball
- Represents the company at events, customer visits, tradeshows, and internal as baseball expert
- Collaborates with customers and internally to provide products and service requirements to help win in youth baseball
- Builds and sets strategy to help win market opportunities for baseball products and services
- Reports to the Chief Revenue Officer
The Sport Lead will work closely with the regional sales team, marketing, product, and strategy leads. The primary goal of this position will be to increase sales opportunities within their assigned sport vertical and thereby maximize revenue and market share for the organization.The ideal candidate will have proven experience developing high quality pipelines and new business opportunities for technology companies. Also have experience in solution selling, and understand the importance of creating relative value for customers. A background in sports, software and SaaS solutions is highly preferable. An ability to quickly learn and develop a thorough knowledge of the national amateur sports market, its solutions and services, and its competitors is required.
- Prospect for potential new opportunities and national and regional governing body partners, identifying the decision makers within client organizations, and engaging prospects to ensure a robust pipeline of opportunities.
- Present to and consult with senior level management on business trends with a view to developing new services, solutions, and potential partners
- Identify opportunities for campaigns and partnerships that will lead to an increase in sales.
- Use knowledge of the assigned vertical and competitors, to identify and develop the company’s unique relative value proposition.
- Work with marketing team to ensure that SI Play’s presentations, collateral, and other sales materials are up-to-date.
- Work closely with Strategy on potential partnering solutions that help maximize our opportunities and drive new sales.
- Travel up to 25% of the time
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Expertise and influence in the youth baseball industry is a requirement
- 5-7 years experience working with youth baseball NGO’s, top baseball youth leagues
- Passion for the baseball either as a player, coach, board member, etc..
- Minimum experience of 5-7 years proven success in business development
- Technical/Product acumen and/or experience working in SaaS industry
- Experience negotiating complex agreements with large corporations and developing long-term partnership agreements
- Experience in sports management technology is highly preferred
- Competitive, passion for sports, team mentality
- Ability to be detail-oriented and manage projects from inception through execution
- Entrepreneurial self-starter mentality with hands-on approach and positive, confident attitude.
- Strong understanding of customer and market dynamics and requirements.
Please email your resume to Jen Foreman (email@example.com).
SI Play is an equal opportunity employer.