Sports Illustrated Play is a Sports Technology company that has a simple yet ambitious goal: to serve the vast market of amateur and youth sports by leveraging innovative technology and the Sports Illustrated Brand. This is where every major athlete starts their career and two out of three players say it’s the most important thing they do.
As a stand-alone subsidiary of Time Inc., one of the country’s largest and most iconic media companies, Sports Illustrated Play is a rare blend of being a fast-paced, entrepreneurial venture with the support and reach of its affiliation with a major company.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU
As a part of this team, you will be building a new digital platform for one of the world’s most recognized sports brands, Sports Illustrated. What you build will be used by hundreds of millions of people every day, making real impact on their lives. This is what we as a team have signed up for. This is why we are here!
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING
- Work with multiple in-house engineering teams to help design, build and maintain the infrastructure necessary to support our products
- Design and manage the tools that help to empower our developers and support continuous delivery to our users.
- Design and Iterate on the processes and technologies used inside of Sports Illustrated Play’s engineering organization
- Identify and Maintain metrics related to software and infrastructure health.
- Work with our Product and Engineering teams to help design the future of our products and their lifecycle through development, testing and production.
- Work to ensure the environments supporting our application are online, performant and well maintained.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION
- 1+ years experience using Docker in production
- 2+ years of experience in AWS, Azure or other IaaS providers
- 2+ years infrastructure automation experience with Puppet, Chef, Ansible and/or other technologies
- 4+ years experience with Linux server operations
- 4+ years experience with Windows server operations
- Comfort working in one or more programming languages (.NET, Python, Ruby and NodeJS preferred)
- Preference given to those with experience managing the following software:
- Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Mesos, Swarm, Rancher)
- ASP .NET
- Microsoft SQL Server
- Work on products that will make a real difference in the lives of millions of families
- Work on a product that will be used by your friends, family, and neighbors
- A chance to innovate and solve some of the most fundamental coding and computer science problems that come with real time large scale systems
- Working with a fast-paced development team that is focused on pushing through hurdles and getting our code into the hands of users
- Flexibility in pretty much everything
- Competitive compensation package
- Small company mentality but a large company’s benefits plan
- Great people, great products, great brand, great place to work
This job is available to anyone working remotely, or shoulder-to-shoulder in one of our offices. We have development centers in New York (New York City and Saratoga Springs), the San Francisco Bay area and Canada (Oshawa).
Go to Geek Prank and try the online Windows XP simulator, play with the classic Minesweeper and Tetris games or listen to some music.